Kaleidoscope Dance Company
Kaleidoscope Dance Company's
Gift of Dance Concert
Sunday, December 7, 2014
Shorewood Performing Arts Center
17300 Fremont Ave. N.
Tickets: brownpapertickets.com or at the door
Join Kaleidoscope Dance Company as they present the Gift of Dance, an afternoon of original, new modern dance works choreographed by youth ages 7-17. Their creativity was inspired by the work of master choreographers such as Jiri Kylian, Paul Taylor, and Alwin Nikolais. The dancers engage in a collaborative process in multi-age groups, using choreographic forms and devices to create work that is deeply personal yet universal in its appeal to audiences of all ages.
This vibrant show, described by the Seattle Weekly as “refreshing,” shares a message of peace and cooperation, especially meaningful during the holiday season. “These students are professional in every sense of the word…. Their graceful motions, their faces full of feeling, … this is why we need the arts. They have the power to heal us in ways we cannot explain.” (Valley VIEW).
Audience members are invited to join the company dancers and Artistic Director Anna Mansbridge on stage for a
community dance during intermission!
Silent Auction to benefit the Creative Dance Center begins at 2:30. Delicious, homemade concessions are available prior to the show and during intermission.
Enliven your holiday season with this inspiring, uplifting, and family-friendly concert. Celebrate and witness the expressive and powerful voices of children and young people as they speak to us through dance.
• is the longest-running modern dance company in Seattle, founded in 1981 by Anne Green Gilbert.
• is a modern repertory dance company of boys and girls between the ages of 7-17, whose graduates utilize the Kaleidoscope skills of collaboration and creativity in a variety of settings: dancing professionally, attending college, and working in fields such as health, research, design, education, technology, and the arts.
• works with well-known choreographers including Pat Graney, Bill Evans, Tom Truss, Christian Swenson, Shirley Jenkins, Jurg Koch, Paige Barnes, Eva Stone, Mary Kay Bisignano-Vadino, Debbie Gilbert, Joanne Petroff, Ellie Sandstrom, Anna Mansbridge, Marlene Strang, and Peter Kyle.
• has toured internationally in Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Finland, Russia, Canada, Brazil, The Netherlands, Jamaica, and Taiwan and performed nationally in Washington, D.C., Oregon, Massachusetts, Philadelphia, Utah, and all over Washington State.
• has danced for hundreds of thousands of school children in public and private schools in the Northwest.
• is based at the Creative Dance Center located in the historic Haller Lake Community Club in North Seattle.
• members are students in the Seattle, Shoreline, Edmonds, and Lake Stevens School Districts, and the Homeschool community.
Kaleidoscope Dance Company Presents
Kaleidoscope In Concert
Mother's Day Weekend
Broadway Performance Hall • 1625 Broadway, Seattle
Friday, May 8, 2015: 7:30pm
Saturday, May 9, 2015: 2:00pm and 7:30pm
Sunday, May 10, 2015: 3:30pm
The Creative Dance Center’s resident modern dance company, Kaleidoscope Dance Company, presents Kaleidoscope in Concert at the Broadway Performance Hall Mother’s Day weekend, May 8, 9, and 10. This rich and diverse show features new works by local and nationally recognized choreographers. Kaleidoscope’s unique blend of talent, enthusiasm, and soul will delight and captivate audiences of all ages. Kaleidoscope in Concert celebrates the joy of dance with an exceptional balance of youth and professionalism. Kaleidoscope Dance Company is made up of young people ages 7-17.
Festival seating available through Brown Paper Tickets
Adults: $16 • Youth/Senior: $8
Call 1.800.838.3006 or visit brownpapertickets.com
Patron tickets with reserved seating only available through Creative Dance Center
Adult Patron Tickets: $35 • Youth/Senior Patron Tickets: $20
Visit www.creativedance.org or call 206.363.7281.
During the past 32 years, Kaleidoscope has traveled around the world sharing the joy of dance with audiences of all ages. Recently, Kaleidoscope has performed in the Men In Dance Concert (to rave reviews) in Seattle, STG's Global Dance Party at The Moore, and in Taiwan at Taipei National University of the Arts.
"Kaleidoscope is the most unique performance I have seen – It was simply wonderful!"