Kaleidoscope Dance Company
During the past 34 years, Kaleidoscope has traveled around the world sharing the joy of dance with audiences of all ages. Recently, Kaleidoscope has performed in the Men In Dance Concert (to rave reviews) in Seattle, STG's Global Dance Party at The Moore, in Taiwan at Taipei National University of the Arts, and in Copenhagen, Denmark at the dance and the Child international conference.
"Kaleidoscope is the most unique performance I have seen – It was simply wonderful!"
July 29, 2015 – Summer Community Concert at Creative Dance Center
October 27, 2015 – School Concert at Brookside Elementary
December 6, 2015 – Gift of Dance, Shorewood Performing Arts Center
December 13, 2015 – Winterfest, Seattle Center Armory, 3:30pm
March 20, 2016 – Afternoon of Dance, Creative Dance Center's school shows at Shorecrest Performing Arts Center
May 6, 7, & 8, 2016 – Kaleidoscope Spring Concert, Broadway Performance Hall
July 27, 2016 – Summer Community Concert at Creative Dance Center (free will donation at door)
KALEIDOSCOPE DANCE COMPANY PRESENTS THE GIFT OF DANCE
Sunday, December 6 – 3:00pm
Adults: $10/Youth: $6
Shorewood Peforming Arts Center
17300 Fremont Ave. N
and at the door
Join Kaleidoscope Dance Company as they present the Gift of Dance, an afternoon of original, new modern dance works choreographed by youth ages 7-15.
Dances have been created drawing upon themes of importance to children and teens; social justice, bullying, environmental issues, and the desire for peace.
The dancers engage in a collaborative process in multi-age groups, using choreographic forms and devices to compose work that is deeply personal yet universal in its appeal to audiences of all ages.
Enliven your holiday season with this inspiring, uplifting, and family-friendly concert as Kaleidoscope Dance Company shares the Gift of Dance with you!
Audience members are invited to join the company dancers and Artistic Director Anna Mansbridge on stage for a community dance during intermission!
Silent Auction to benefit the Creative Dance Center begins at 2:30. Delicious, homemade concessions are available prior to the show and during intermission.
This vibrant show, described by the Seattle Weekly as "refreshing," shares a message of peace and cooperation, especially meaningful during the holiday season. "These students are professional in every sense of the word…. Their graceful motions, their faces full of feeling… this is why we need the arts. They have the power to heal us in ways we cannot explain." (Valley VIEW).
Fun Facts About Kaleidoscope
• is the longest-running modern dance company in Seattle, founded in 1981 by Anne Green Gilbert.
• is a modern repertory dance company of boys and girls between the ages of 7-16, whose graduates utilize the Kaleidoscope skills of collaboration and creativity in a variety of settings: dancing professionally, attending college, and working in fields such as health, research, design, education, technology, and the arts.
• works with well-known choreographers including Pat Graney, Bill Evans, Wade Madsen, Tom Truss, Christian Swenson, Shirley Jenkins, Jurg Koch, Paige Barnes, Eva Stone, Mary Kay Bisignano-Vadino, Debbie Gilbert, Joanne Petroff, Ellie Sandstrom, Anna Mansbridge, Marlene Strang, and Peter Kyle.
• has toured internationally in Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Finland, Russia, Canada, Brazil, The Netherlands, Jamaica, Taiwan, and Denmark and performed nationally in Washington, D.C., Oregon, Massachusetts, Philadelphia, Utah, and all over Washington State.
• has danced for hundreds of thousands of school children in public and private schools in the Northwest.
• is based at the Creative Dance Center located in the historic Haller Lake Community Club in North Seattle.
• members are students in the Seattle, Shoreline, and Northshore School Districts, and the Homeschool community.