Kaleidoscope Dance Company
Kaleidoscope Dance Company
Concerts and Performances 2016-2017
Kaleidoscope Dance Company Boys Invited to Perform at the Men in Dance Festival!
Broadway Performance Hall
Program One: September 30-October 2
Friday September 30, 8pm
Saturday October 1, 2pm & 8pm
Sunday October 2, 5pm
Tickets: www.BrownPaperTickets.com & at the door
All shows $25.00 general
Seniors and Students with valid ID: $20.00
Saturday matinee: $5.00 minimum 'pay what you can' available
Against The Grain/Men in Dance is a biennial Festival that celebrates and promotes the performance of male dance artists of all genres and ages. At the 10th Anniversary Festival in 2014 Anne Green Gilbert was awarded the Lawrence Tenney Stevens American Dance Award in 2014 for her work with boys and men in dance
Six Kaleidoscope Dance Company boys and teens have been invited to perform the moving and powerful piece Comradery in the Men in Dance Festival 2016. Choreographed by Portland-based Dance Artist Michael Garber, Comradery is a piece about the disconnect that society has created for boys and men from their qualities of nurturing, softness, creativity, and expression. It shows the vibrancy and fullness they possess when they connect to their authentic Self and express these qualities freely and support one another.
Join us Sunday, December 4th, 3:00pm at Shorewood Performing Arts Center for Kaleidoscope Dance Company's Gift of Dance Concert. This inspiring and family friendly performance features the choreography of company dancers, children ages 7-16. Live music will be a wonderful addition to the Gift of Dance this year.
Gift of Dance Concert
Shorewood Performing Arts Center
17300 Fremont Ave. N
Shoreline, WA 98133
Sunday, December 4, 2016
Adults: $10. Youth: $6
Tickets available at the door.
Dessert and Silent Auction begins at 2:30.
Kaleidoscope’s unique blend of talent, enthusiasm, and soul delights and captivates audiences of all ages. Kaleidoscope celebrates the joy of dance with an exceptional balance of youth and professionalism. Kaleidoscope Dance Company is made up of young people ages 7-16. During the past 35 years, Kaleidoscope has traveled around the world sharing the joy of dance with audiences of all ages.
Recently, Kaleidoscope has performed in the Men In Dance Concert (to rave reviews) in Seattle, STG's Global Dance Party at The Moore, in Taiwan at Taipei National University of the Arts, and in Copenhagen, Denmark at the dance and the Child international conference.
"Kaleidoscope is the most unique performance I have seen – It was simply wonderful!"
December 4, 2016 – Gift of Dance, Shorewood Performing Arts Center at 3:00pm. Tickets available at the door. Adults: $10. Youth: $6.
December 2016, date TBA – Winterfest, Seattle Center Armory, 3:30pm
January 27, 2017 – School Concert at Columbia Elementary School, Mukilteo
March 19, 2017 – Afternoon of Dance, Creative Dance Center's school shows at Shorecrest Performing Arts Center
May 12, 13, & 14, 2017 – Kaleidoscope Spring Concert, Broadway Performance Hall
July 19, 2017 – Summer Community Concert at Creative Dance Center (free will donation at door), 7:30pm.
Kaleidoscope Spring Concert 2017
Mother's Day Weekend
Broadway Performance Hall • 1625 Broadway, Seattle
Friday, May 12, 7:30pm
Saturday, May 13, 2:00pm and 7:30pm
Sunday, May 14, 3:30pm
Festival seating available through Brown Paper Tickets
Adults: $18 • Youth (under 16) /Senior: $8
Call 1.800.838.3006 or visit brownpapertickets.com
Patron tickets with reserved seating only available through Creative Dance Center
Adult Patron Tickets: $35 • Youth/Senior Patron Tickets: $20
Visit www.creativedance.org or call 206.363.7281
Fun Facts About Kaleidoscope
• is the longest-running modern dance company in Seattle, founded in 1981 by Anne Green Gilbert.
• is a modern repertory dance company of boys and girls between the ages of 7-16, whose graduates utilize the Kaleidoscope skills of collaboration and creativity in a variety of settings: dancing professionally, attending college, and working in fields such as health, research, design, education, technology, and the arts.
• works with well-known choreographers including Pat Graney, Bill Evans, Wade Madsen, Tom Truss, Christian Swenson, Shirley Jenkins, Jurg Koch, Paige Barnes, Eva Stone, Mary Kay Bisignano-Vadino, Deborah Birrane, Debbie Gilbert, Joanne Petroff, Ellie Sandstrom, Rhonda Cinotto, Joshua Crouch, Anna Mansbridge, Marlene Strang, Peter Kyle, and Michael Garber.
• has toured internationally in Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Finland, Russia, Canada, Brazil, The Netherlands, Jamaica, Taiwan, and Denmark and performed nationally in Washington, D.C., Oregon, Massachusetts, Philadelphia, Utah, and all over Washington State.
• has danced for hundreds of thousands of school children in public and private schools in the Northwest.
• is based at the Creative Dance Center located in the historic Haller Lake Community Club in North Seattle.
• members are students in the Seattle, Shoreline, and Northshore School Districts, and the Homeschool community.