Programs & Registration
Our Children and Teens program is made up of Creative Dance for grade K, Creative Modern for grades 1-3, Modern for grades 2-12, Hip Hop for grades 2-5, Pre-Ballet for grade K, and Ballet classes for grades 1 through 6 and up. We welcome the serious dance student as well as those who want fun, exercise, and the chance to develop dance and movement skills in a non-threatening and positive environment. CDC's curriculum for children and teens continues to incorporate and build on the methodology and philosophy of the Early Childhood Program as more specialized classes are offered. Our Children and Teens program offers:
- the opportunity to explore dance concepts, work on technique, and create improvisations, dance studies, and choreography in small groups, large groups, and as an individual
- a curriculum that teaches the compositional skills and principles needed to create meaningful choreography
- classes that develop self-discipline and focus, balanced with positive social interaction with peers and teachers
- an emphasis on anatomically correct alignment and placement
- a deeper understanding of how the BrainDance patterns apply to dance technique
- a curriculum which allows dancers to achieve technical mastery and expressivity
- an environment that challenges students to use their problem-solving and critical thinking abilities while rejoicing in their creative spirit
The creative process is not controlled by a switch you can simply turn on or off, it’s with you all the time.
We believe that students who have the chance to experience dance in a joyful way will make it part of their lives. In this way CDC is more than a dance school. It is a place where a person can develop his or her dance technique and creative potential in a warm, positive, and non-competitive atmosphere. At CDC our students learn to dance and dance to learn. We believe our students receive phenomenal training in an atmosphere that supports and nurtures the whole dancer!