Welcome to the Creative Dance Center! We are a unique non-profit organization that has been providing brain-compatible dance education to our community for 3 decades. Kaleidoscope Dance Company, CDC's performing company of young people, offers professional performance opportunities for children and, in so doing, provides powerful and playful dance performances accessible to people of all ages. The Creative Dance Center offers classes for infants through adults as well as professional development and personal enrichment through Educator/Community Workshops and the Summer Dance Institute for Teachers.
- CLASS TIME CHANGES! To smooth out transitions on Saturdays we are changing Kechelle's Parent/Child (2 1/2-4 years) and Ellen's Creative Dance for 4 1/2-5 year olds to 10:20-11:20. This is a 5 minute earlier start and end time. Thanks for accommodating this change.
Pre-Ballet time on Tuesdays with Angelica has changed. Starting Tuesday, Feb. 24 Pre-Ballet on Tuesdays will run 4:30-5:30 for the remainder of Winter/Spring.
- Winter/Spring 2015 is underway! 16-week session runs Feb. 9-June 8, 2015. Register for Ages 0-4, Parent & Child; Ages 3 1/2-6, Pre-K to Grade 1; Ages 5-Teens, Grades K & Up; and Adult classes now.
- 10-Week Winter Session of Nurturing Baby and Adult (ZUMBA® too!) classes runs January 5-March 21. There is space available for drop-ins ($15).
- An Afternoon of Dance, CDC's School Show, will be held Sunday, March 15 at Shorewood Performing Arts Center. Check our Upcoming Events page for details about this fun day!
- The 21st Summer Dance Institute for Teachers happens this July at the Creative Dance Center! Two-Week Foundational Course, July 20-31. One-Week Refresher Course, July 6-10. Find out why educators, parents, teaching artists, and more call this Brain-Based Institute "life changing" "transformational" "impactful" "glorious" "non-judgemental" "incredibly clear" and "top-notch!"
- Review vacation dates and session info HERE.
- Lost and Found is located in the Girl's Dressing Room off of the main lobby. Items are hung up or stored in a wire bin. We have quite a collection of water bottles, socks, sweaters, and more!